Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Hobo Bag on Sale - Business - Sales

I had been working for a bags company the main product of which was hobo bag since I graduated from college and now three years passed, I got promoted to the manager of a shop which of course was in the charge of the bags company three months ago. I still remembered that many other people doubted my leadership of this post and they believed that a young guy like me was not proper for the place. Nevertheless, some time earlier, my successfully dealing with a crisis showed my talent of doing this job.

Nowadays, for the reason that the American economy wasn't really very well, thus people became rather careful about where their money was going. Several years ago, American people might spend much money on many luxurious things or some other articles which were merely for decoration and were actually not that necessary. But now the tendency was that people had been very cautious about money.

Therefore, many shops had various kinds of discounting due to the bad economic situation in order to attract customers. Time was really very bad for people in the clothes, shoes and bags field. Walking in the street, you could see many bags on sale in different stores including ours. Threatened by other opponents in the same industry, our company had no better measure but to decrease the price of our product. But this didn't change the hard situation at all. Our store's selling number increasingly dropped. As the manager, at that time, everyday tortured me like a rope around my neck.

I wanted to figure out a way to save my post as well as our store. Then, I entered other stores to see what they had done. But to my great disappointment, except bags on sale, they were totally the same as us. Later, I started to search information on the internet and looked into our company's structure. Surprisingly I found that our company was overstaffed and finally I came up with some good ideas.

I wrote a letter to the chief manage of our company stating that we shouldn't cut our products' price too casually like others. Instead, we should stick to the principle of continuously making new products, especially our main product, the hobo bag. We could cut the price of other bags, but we should never give customers a bad impression of poor quality by decreasing the price of our hobo bag. Besides, there were too many sale consultants in a store which were completely unnecessary. Some of them could be transferred to do other kind of work.

Soon my suggestion was accepted by the chief manager. After serious consideration as well as some improvement, my plan was really applied practically. And it worked. In only one month's time, our selling number started to increase. And for the first time, I proved my ability to all the people.



iAutoblog the premier autoblogger software

0 comments:

Post a Comment